All fares are inclusive of Marine Park fees and GST. Ocean Safari reserves the right to charge our customers a fuel levy if fuel is over $1.50 per litre.
Sites are weather and tide permitting. Ocean Safari reserves the right to arrange alternate itinerary when necessary. Please note departure times may sometimes be weather and tidal dependant. Morning tours depart daily and afternoon tours depart during peak seasons only. Minimum of 8 passengers required for tour departures. Ocean Safari carries only 25 passengers. Spaces are limited. Please reconfirm your booking 48 hours prior.
Ocean Safari may use photographs of our clients in promotional material, including but not limited to social media, however if you do not consent please advise Ocean Safari.
Liability: Clients should note that adventure travel involves risk. Whilst we make every effort to safeguard our clients, we cannot be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of the clients which are beyond our control. Tours are not suitable for guests with pre-existing back, neck or hip injuries or who are pregnant (weather dependant) or heavily pregnant. Minimum age 6 months. A signed release will be required from all participants on departure. We recommend you take out travel insurance.
Fitness and Health: Although good health and a positive attitude are essential, you do not need any prior experience to partake in an Ocean Safari adventure.
Cancellations/Refund Policy: Your booking includes a 5% non-refundable booking fee for all cancellations. Cancellations after 5pm the night before departure no refund. Please Note: On occasion, in the interest of guest safety, we may have to cancel tours due to unfavourable weather conditions. In this unlikely event, you will be offered travel on another suitable day or issued a refund, minus 5% booking fee of your fare price.
Credit Card Surcharge: If you are paying by credit card please be aware these transactions incur a 1.6% surcharge.
Rates: Tour rates shown are valid for travel until 31 March 24. For travel after that date, relevant rates will display when future dates are selected in the booking table.
Queensland Public Holidays: The following days incur a public holiday surcharge of $20 per adult, $10 per child and $50 per family (2ad and 2ch) on our Great Barrier Reef AM and PM tours, as well as charters and all Safari Squad bookings, including birthday travel.
- 24 July 23 – Mossman Show
- 02 October 23 – King’s Birthday
- 25 December 23 – Christmas Day (CLOSED)
- 26 December 23 – Boxing Day
- 01 January 24 – New Year’s Day
- 26 January 24 – Australia Day
- 29 March 24 – Good Friday
- 30 March 24 – Easter Saturday
- 31 March 24 – Easter Sunday
- 01 April 24 – Easter Monday
- 25 April 24 – Anzac Day
- 06 May 24 – Labour Day
- TBC July 24 – Mossman Show
- 07 October 24 – King’s Birthday
- 25 December 24 – Christmas Day (CLOSED)
- 26 December 24 – Boxing Day
- 01 January 25 – New Year’s Day
- 26 January 25 – Australia Day
- 18 April 25 – Good Friday
- 19 Apr 25 – Easter Saturday
- 20 Apr 25 – Easter Sunday
- 21 Apr 25 – Easter Monday
As per Ocean Safari T&C’s above except for charter payment and cancellation policy as follows:
- 50% deposit is due at the time of booking
- Balance is due 5 days prior to departure
- Payments can be made via Credit Card or Bank Deposit. (A 1.6% credit card surcharge applies)
- Cancellation up to 5 days prior to departure – Full refund less 5% non-refundable booking fee for all cancellations.
- Cancellation less than 5 days prior to departure – 100% cancellation fee applies
- A $200 Public Holiday surcharge is applied to rates for charters booked on Queensland public holidays
Guests are reminded of the Provisions and Limitations of the Traveller Accommodation Providers (Liability) Act 2001 (QLD), the Innkeepers Liability Act 1902 (NSW), and Conditions of Bailment.
Check In/Check Out
- Check in time is 2pm and check out time is 10am.
- Early check in and late check out are subject to availability and at the Manager’s discretion.
- Guests are to behave in a manner that does not interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of the Lodge by all other guests and residents.
- No animals or pets are to be brought onto the premises.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you a repair or replacement cost (at Management’s discretion).
- Management is not responsible for your personal belongings and valuables such as money, jewellery or any other valuables left in the guests’ room, campsite or communal areas.
- Only the guests nominated and agreed in the booking may stay in the property overnight. If any other guests stay, additional charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund. Extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- The accommodation rate is agreed upon and no alterations will be made during or after your stay. Please check the accommodation rate and resolve any questions with reception prior to signing. There is no refund for early departure.
- The full booking balance is payable on arrival before occupancy commences. Cancellation policy applies.
- A credit card authorisation must be provided to Management upon confirmation of your booking (or at check in for walk in bookings.)
- -There is no refund for early departure.
- No shows and cancellations on day of arrival will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee at the discretion of management.
- Bookings made via third parties (travel agent or online) will be subject to the cancellation policy of the third party. Please refer back to them for T&C’s.
Complaints/Issues during your stay
- In the case of any problem or complaint, please inform Management at the earliest opportunity in order to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Breach of Terms and Conditions
- Guests found breaching Terms and Conditions may be evicted without prior warning and, if required, law enforcement will be notified and requested to attend.
- Should we suspect involvement in illicit activities in the cabin/campsite or, in or around the property, we have the right to contact the police to investigate further.
- Should a room be deemed unusable after your departure or eviction, you will be liable for all expenses to return the cabin to its original state along with any related loss of income incurred during this period, charged at the current best available rate.
- Eviction will include the loss of all prepaid monies held for the remaining duration of the booking. This balance will not contribute towards any outstanding incidentals or any damages including the potential loss of income due to any damages.
- Any damage loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the credit card. Examples include, but are not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements and extra guests or visitors beyond those declared.
- Lost/damaged/non-returned cabin keys and camping tags will incur a $30 charge.
- A $50 callout fee will be charged if a member of our staff is called to attend a complaint about excessive noise, nuisance behaviour or general disturbances.
- Costs may be charged to replace any items found to be missing from your cabin.
- Additional cleaning costs may be charged if the cabin is left in an untidy manner or if there is evidence guests have smoked in the room.
- Please note the above additional charges will be automatically added to your account to be settled prior to departure, or charged to your credit card.